In France, students access higher education upon successful completion of their Baccalauréat. In Malaysia, this is equivalent to STPM, A-levels, International Baccalaureate. Foundations and Matriculations, as well as Diplomas, can also be accepted by French institutions of higher education.

First year of post-secondary studies
• In a public university
Upon completion of your STPM/A-levels/International Baccalaureate, students wishing to further their first year of Bachelor in public universities must follow a specific admission process called Preliminary Admission Request (in French Demande d’Admission Préalable or DAP).
There are three different types of Preliminary Admission Request depending on your profile:
o White files for enrolment in first-year university from your country of residence
o Yellow files for first year in a school of architecture
o Green files for international students already living in France
In any case, it is required for applicants to justify the B2 level in French. For students that have not the DELF B2 yet, a special language test called TCF-DAP will be organised to evaluate their level.
Applications are to be sent to the Department of Cooperation and Cultural Action at the French Embassy in your country of residence. However, we do recommend taking an appointment with one of our consultants at MFUC so we can verify all documents with you and transmit your application to the Embassy afterwards. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Complete the procedure as soon as possible! The preliminary admission request follows a strict agenda different from the French universities. Call for applications open on November 15th of the preceding academic year in which you wish to study in France and closes on January 22nd.
Agenda of the Preliminary Admission Request:
– Start of the procedure: November 15th
– End of the procedure: January 22nd

Find out more about the DAP:
Find out more about the DELF and TCF:

• In other institutions
Grandes écoles, private institutions and specialized schools are not subject to the Preliminary Admission Request. All students wishing to further their studies in one of these institutions of higher education can apply directly.
Need advice? Book a counselling session (link)

Enrolling in bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate programmes
To enroll for a 2nd or 3rd year of Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate programme, you are free to contact the institution of higher education directly. Bear in mind that all institutes have their own specificities regarding application procedures as well as their own deadlines.
If your application is successful, you will receive a document confirming your admission. From that point on, you will be able to start the process to obtain a visa.
Read more information on visa application here (link)

For European students living in Malaysia
Students are considered “Europeans” if they have the nationality of one of the 28 countries of the European Union, of a country from the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein), Switzerland, Monaco or Andorra.

How do you confirm your enrolment?
After your application is accepted, you must confirm your enrolment to the institution. For universities, final enrolment will be completed on site in September. It includes an administrative component and a pedagogical component. The first consists of filling in your file; the second involves you choosing a cursus (degree course) and options (optional classes, sport, etc.).

Upon confirmation of your enrolment, the French institution will then give you a certificate of school attendance and a student card that attest to your legal status as a student. The documents are given to you in person, after payment of enrolment fees has been received. The certificate of school attendance, or certificate de scolarité in French is often asked for administrative process, so make sure to have a few copies!

You are:
• A Malaysian citizen
o SPM/IGCSE leaver
o STPM/A-levels/International Baccalaureate holder
o Diploma
o Bachelor’s degree
o Master’s degree

• A non-Malaysian citizen
o From the European Union
o From another country