Interested in sustainable development? Go study in France with the IsDB-France co-funded scholarship!
- Presentation of the program:
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and Campus France, under the aegis of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE), partnered to launch a joint international scholarship program allowing students from the IsDB’s member countries to study in French universities.
The scholarship program is dedicated to students with excellent academic credentials who wish to pursue their studies in specific development fields, with a special focus on sustainable sciences.
It aims at building the right competencies required to empower communities and achieving national and global development plans, including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It will equip students to become professionals committed to the development of their respective countries.
- Who can apply?
The call for projects is open to Malaysian citizens who are about to study at undergraduate or Master’s level in one of the fields covered by the program (see below) in a higher education institution overseen by the Ministry for Higher Education, Research and Innovation in France.
Students who are already studying in France are also eligible.
Applicants must be 18 or above on September 1st, 2021.
- Which fields of study?
At Bachelor level:
Life and Health Sciences, Environmental Studies, Education, Engineering, Agriculture, Computer and Information Technology, Basic Sciences, Economics, Finance and Banking, Social Sciences.
At Master level:
Sustainable Agriculture, Education, Education for Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Energy, Sustainable Cities, Responsible Growth, Waste Management, Population Growth, Green Chemistry, Biodiversity, Plastic and Micro-plastic Pollution, Water and Sanitation, Health, ICT for Development, Innovation and Infrastructure Development, Islamic Economics, Finance and Banking, Social Sciences for Development.
- What support is provided by the scholarship?
- A monthly 700€ scholarship allowance
- One airplane ticket (economy class)
- French Government Scholar Status: free visa, free registration in the university, priority access to university housing within the CROUS network, health plan coverage
*Please take note, that for Master 2 students, the scholarship offered is a loan: the students will have to repay the monthly scholarship allowance to IsDB upon completion of their studies.
- Duration of the scholarship:
The scholarship is awarded for one full course of study (3 years at Bachelor level and 2 years at Master level).
- What are the selection process and the evaluation criteria?
Eligible projects will be pre-selected by MFUC and the French Embassy based on the following criteria:
- Excellence of competencies
- Relevance of the selected studies
- Targeted institution
- Future perspectives
Following the results of the pre-selection made by MFUC and the French Embassy, a joint committee (IsDB – MEAE – Campus France) will validate the list of selected candidates,
- What are the conditions of the scholarship?
– Acceptance in a higher education institution overseen by the Ministry for Higher Education, Research and Innovation in France;
– Selected candidates must agree to be recorded in the MFUC alumni database and to participate to MFUC promotional activities;
– Master 2 students will have to repay the monthly scholarship allowances to IsDB upon completion of their studies.
- How to apply?
Candidates are requested to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 16th, 2021
The required documents are the following:
- administrative form (available below);
- copy of your identity document;
- cover letter providing detailed information on the targeted studies and the future career plans;
- if relevant, a support letter from a supervisor/professor from previous university;
- academic transcripts from previous years of study;
- copy of previous diplomas (SPM, Bachelor, etc.);
- offer letter from the French institution or proof of application
All the documents must be sent via a unique PDF document, in the order detailed above.
Any question can be submitted to email@example.com
- What is the application schedule?
Launch of the call: February, 2021
Deadline for submission: April 16th, 2021
Communication of results: June 30th, 2021
Signing of scholarship agreements with IsDB: from July 1st to July 15th, 2021
Start of studies: September or October, 2021
- Contact person:
Ms. Alice Le Monnyer
Representative of Campus France in Malaysia
Malaysia-France University Centre (MFUC)
144-02, 2nd Floor, Patent House
Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur